Squash and Leek Soup
By Chef Debbi Dubbs
- 1 Leeks split in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Organic Garlic crushed
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 5 sprigs Organic Parsley
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 1/2 pounds Buttercup Squash roasted and peeled
- 5 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan; add leek and garlic and sauté until soft but not brown.
- Add thyme, parsley and bay leaves, stir until coated.
- Add white wine and reduce to 2 Tbsp.
- Add stock and squash, simmer 10 minutes.
- Discard the herbs and purée the soup, using a hand immersion blender.
- Add milk and cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If soup is too thick, add a little more broth to desired consistency.