Red Pepper Soup
By Chef Ida Rodriguez
- 8 Organic Bell Pepper (use Red Bell Pepper)
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Carrots peeled
- 3 Shallots
- 1 clove Organic Garlic minced
- 1 each Pear ripe peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups Chicken Stock good quality
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 dash Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Slice thin, 7 of the bell peppers, baby carrots, shallots, and pear.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large soup pot, and sauté the vegetables, garlic, and pear, over low-medium heat until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add stock, pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat down to a simmer, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- While soup is cooking, roast remaining red pepper, in oven or stovetop, until completely charred.
- Cool in a paper bag for 5-10 minutes.
- Rub off blackened skin and remove seeds.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cut into fine julienne.
- Puree the soup in the food processor or blender.
- Pour the pureed soup back into the pot and reheat over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the roasted bell pepper.