Pinkglow® Pineapples - Ship to California Only
For Chefs & Produce Managers Food Service: 323-584-4940 Produce Managers: 800-468-7111
Quantity/Pack: 1 Pineapple
Origin: Costa Rica
This item is perishable and must be shipped separately from other items.
The Pinkglow® will enhance your dishes and impress your Instagram followers with its radiant beauty and splendor. Experience a taste of a remote paradise with this pink-hued majestic wonder!
Pinkglow® pink pineapples grow on a select farm in the South-Central region of Costa Rica, which has the ideal soil and climate for growing pineapples. Fresh Del Monte has been developing and testing the Pinkglow® pink pineapple for over 16+ years to ensure the perfect taste and aromas, creating a blend that’s just right.
What sustainability measures is Fresh Del Monte taking?
Fresh Del Monte Produce is currently planting Pinkglow® pink pineapple crowns in an effort to increase the volume of Pinkglow® pineapple crops and reduce waste.
What does Pinkglow® taste like?
- Delicious and unique flavor with notes of candy pineapple aromatics
- Less sour than a traditional pineapple
- Juicier and sweeter
- Consumers say it tastes like a hybrid between pineapple and another citrus fruit
How to Store Pinkglow® Pineapple
Your Pinkglow® arrives chilled and is best enjoyed immediately. To store, refrigerate the whole pineapple tightly wrapped in plastic, or cut and store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
How to Cut Pinkglow® Pineapple
- Place pineapple on its side
- Cut the top and bottom off
- Stand upright and slice the skin off the sides
- Slice widthwise to create rings
- Remove the core with a small round cookie cutter
- It contains lycopene, a natural pigment that gives some produce its red color, which makes this pineapple pink! Lycopene has been associated with numerous health benefits, such as antioxidant properties.
- An excellent source of vitamin C; vitamin C helps support and maintain a healthy immune system
Note: This product was made possible through bioengineering.