Melissa’s, a California-based produce wholesaler seeks a passionate merchandiser to assist us in sales of products in selected SoCal stores. The ideal candidate is a personable, energetic self-starter and genuinely cares about the produce industry and increasing the consumption of fresh produce. The position of Merchandiser is a “work from home” or “home office” position.
We are looking for a candidate to influence and build relationships with merchandisers and produce managers one-to-one. If you are a team player that can effectively and thoughtfully communicate, takes ownership, and is self-driven, then this is the job for you. A team member who can problem-solve through critical thinking/analytical skills will thrive in our environment.
• Service focused mindset and mentality
• Report directly to Ryan Wilson, Kyle Steinbrick
• Meet and exceed pre-determined customer sales goals and objectives
• Creatively sell “new” products, programs, concepts and solutions
• Meet with produce managers on a weekly basis to review products and programs
• Build merchandising displays with Melissa’s inventory from produce cooler
• Possess a strong understanding of products and their specifications
• Write orders as needed and compile store recaps into finished reports
• Think outside-of-the-box and beyond the tasks at-hand
• Continuous improvement through reading, customer engagement and team collaboration
• Openly share success stories and new ideas with team members
• Offer solutions to other teams throughout the organization
• Develop and strengthen customer relationships
• Your actual responsibilities may vary as company needs may require
• Forecast company needs
Essential Skills and Requirements
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to collaborate; provide and receive constructive criticism
• Business-minded and goal-driven
• Creative problem solver and a quick thinker
• Ability to lift 40 pounds without undue physical exertion
• Daily driving 3 to 4 hours per day
• Working knowledge of computers & software as utilized in the sales environment
MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Windows, Produce Pro, iPhone/iPad email os
A majority of time spent working is in a store environment, often standing and merchandising displays, which includes; lifting, walking, kneeling, climbing stairs, operating computers, and other physical activities related to the in-store environment for long periods of time.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@melissas.com, including the position you are applying for as the subject line for consideration.