Tatuma Squash Soup
By Chef Ida Rodriguez
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 5 cups Tatuma Squash sliced
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 28 ounces Canned Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Organic Garlic minced
- 2 cups Corn Kernels
- 16 ounces Fire Roasted Chiles chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 12 ounces Evaporated Milk
- Heat oil in soup pot, sauté onions until soft.
- Add Tatuma Squash and garlic, continue sautéing 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes then bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, about 30 minutes or until squash is very soft.
- In small batches, puree in blender until smooth.
- Return to pot, over a medium flame.
- Add corn, chiles, cumin and cayenne pepper, and then re-heat the soup.
- Add milk and season with salt to taste.