Sunflower Choke Soup
By Chef Chris Faulkner
- 3 Shallots peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves Roasted Garlic chopped
- 2 ribs Organic Celery medium dice
- 2 pounds Sunflower Chokes peeled and medium diced
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- In a saucepot add oil and shallots, garlic, and celery.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add Sunflower chokes and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add Chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes or until sunflower chokes are soft.
- Add fresh thyme and blend with a hand blender until completely smooth.
- On low heat, blend in heavy cream and return to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.