Spicy Peanut and Vegetable Soup
By Chef Louise Solzman
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Organic Yellow Onion diced
- 2 tablespoons Shallots minced
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter crunchy
- 1 large Potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 medium Organic Zucchini diced
- 1 Organic Bell Pepper (use Red Bell Pepper) diced
- 4 Organic Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups Dry White Wine
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- Cayenne Pepper salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pan. Sauté onion, garlic and shallots until clear (about 5 minutes).
- Add peanut butter and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in potato, zucchini, bell pepper, Roma and canned tomatoes.
- Add the next three ingredients.
- Cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are soft, but not mushy (approx. 30 minutes).
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
- Chef’s Tip
- This hearty soup, served in a large bowl with some crusty bread, would be great for a light dinner. This dish pairs well with Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand 2004)