Sour Chicken Soup
By Melissa’s Corporate Chefs
- 1 Chicken cut up (4 - 5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 whole Onion
- 2 ribs Organic Celery
- 4 Black Peppercorns
- 1/3 cup Organic Carrots sliced
- 1 cup Potatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup Organic Broccoli coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tarragon chopped
- 1 Organic Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Cover chicken with cold water in a large pot, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Skim as much foam from pot as possible.
- Lower heat and simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the onion, celery and peppercorns.
- Simmer another 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is almost done.
- Remove the celery and onion.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and broccoli and cook until tender.
- Add the tarragon and parsley and let cook 10 more minutes.
- Remove soup from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg yolks, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Add this mixture to the soup very slowly, a little at a time.
- Stir constantly until it is well blended.