By Chef Savella Stechishin
- 1 small Organic Yellow Onion
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 6 cups Soup Stock
- 1 medium Organic Russet Potato diced
- 1 cup Vegetables (Celery Carrot Cabbage) diced
- 3 cups Sorrel chopped
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Baby Dill chopped
- 3 Eggs cooked and cut in half
- Cook the onion in the butter until wilted.
- Add the stock and the vegetables, except the sorrel.
- Cook until very tender.
- Strain and press the vegetable through sieve.
- Toss in the sorrel and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Blend the flour with the sour cream to a smooth paste, stir into the borsch and bring to a boil.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the dill.
- When ready to serve, place half a hard cooked egg, yolk side up, in the bottom of each bowl and fill with the borsch.
- Serve immediately.