By Melissa’s Corporate Chefs
- 6 cups Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 6 medium Organic Beets
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Organic Parsley finely chopped
- Peel the beets.
- Cut them into match stick strips or shred on a grater.
- Set aside 1 heaping tablespoon of the raw beets, mixed with 3 tablespoons of water (for coloring).
- Heat the butter in a soup pot.
- Put the beets in and stir for 3 minutes, adding the vinegar.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Sift in the flour, stirring well to avoid lumps.
- Let cook a few minutes, then add 3 or 4 tablespoons of warm broth.
- Bring to a boil and add the remainder of the broth, when the beets are tender.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and a dollop of sour cream.