Roasted Vegetable Soup
By Chef Andrew Weil, M.D.
- 3 large Organic Carrots peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 stalks Organic Celery trimmed and roughly cut
- 1 large Onion roughly cut
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 cloves Organic Garlic coarsely chopped
- 4 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Dried Porcini Mushrooms or any Dried Mushrooms
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper or Red Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Place the carrots, celery, and onion in a small (8 x 8 inch) nonstick pan or dish with the olive oil.
- Toss to coast the vegetables.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, add the garlic, and toss again.
- Bake for another 10 - 15 minutes until the vegetables are browned.
- Remove pan from oven, and add 1 cup of water and stir to loosen any vegeables that may be stuck.
- Pour this into a pot with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black or red pepper, and serve or use as the base for other soups, stews or pasta dishes.