Yummy Potato Salad
By Melissa's Corporate Chefs
- 1 1/2 pounds Dutch YellowTM Potatoes sliced and boiled skin on
- 1 1/2 pounds Baby Red Potatoes sliced and boiled skin on
- 3 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 5 sprigs Rosemary
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 3 tablespoons White Wine
- 1 package Maui Onions small dice and caramelized
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/2 package Key Limes juice freshly squeezed
- 4 Ojai Pixie Tangerines juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil toasted
- 2 tablespoons Italian Parsley chopped
- Wash and slice potatoes with skin on.
- Place in boiling water with herbs, salt and white wine until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In separate pan, caramelize the diced onions in butter for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the vinaigrette.
- Mix the 2 fruit juices in a small bowl and add the cider vinegar and the toasted sesame oil and brown sugar.
- Whisk until all ingredients come together.
- Drain all water from potatoes and let cool.
- Once cool, add Maui onions and coat all with vinaigrette.
- Best flavor is achieved if left to chill overnight.
- Garnish with finely chopped Italian parsley and enjoy.