Wilted Arugula and Roasted Walnut Salad with Warm Goat Cheese Fondue
By Chef Charlie Palmer
- 1 Organic Apples (use Granny Smith Apples)
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 bunches Arugula Watercress or Chicory
- 4 1/2 ounces Goat Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Walnut Oil
- 3 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- Coarse Salt
- 24 Walnuts halves toasted
- Peel and core apples.
- Cut into fine julienne.
- Toss with lemon juice to keep it from discoloring.
- Cover until ready to use.
- Wash and dry arugula.
- Set aside.
- Combine goat cheese and cream in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and well combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss arugula with oil and vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange equal portions of the dressed arugula on each of 6 chilled salad plates.
- Randomly place 4 walnut halves and equal portions of the reserved apple julienne over the arugula.
- Drizzle the warm goat cheese mixture over the salad in a crisscross pattern.
- Serve immediately.