Wild Rice, Sno Pea and Pineapple Salad
By Chef Nathalie Dupree
- 1 cup Basmati and Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1 pound Sno Peas cut diagonally
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 slices Pineapple cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces with juice
- 2 tablespoons Mint chopped
- 1 head Butter Lettuce
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Place the sno peas in boiling water to cover and boil 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water to refresh (to stop the cooking and set the color). Drain again.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard. Combine the vinaigrette with the cooked rice, pineapple, and mint. Mix in the sno peas just before serving. Serve warm or chilled, over the butter lettuce.