Watermelon and Tropical Fruit Salad
By Chef Ida Rodriguez
- 2 cups Low-Fat Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 South African Baby Pineapples
- 1 ripe Papaya peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 ripe Organic Mango peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 cups Red Watermelon (use Red and Yellow Watermelons) cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup Seedless Grapes (Red and Green)
- 2 Organic Nectarines pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 1 pint Organic Strawberries sliced
- 1 ripe Golden Kiwis peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ripe Starfruit thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts toasted and chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, pineapple juice, brown sugar and vanilla until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the pineapples in half lengthwise, remove fruit from the shell using a serrated knife, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells.
- Keep shells chilled until ready to use.
- Cut pineapple fruit into 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, gently mix all the fruit.
- To serve, place the pineapple shells on a serving platter.
- Spoon the fruit in shells.
- Sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
- Top with sour cream mixture.