Watercress and Spinach with Red Bell Peppers and Ginger - Tamari Dressing
By Chef Nora Pouillon
- 2 cloves Organic Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger Root peeled and sliced across the long fibers
- 8 sprig Cilantro
- 4 small Organic Green Onions trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 pound Watercress washed stems trimmed and spun dry
- 1/4 pound Organic Spinach or Baby Mustard Leaves washed stemmed and spun dry
- 1 Organic Bell Pepper (red) seeded and cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- Put the garlic, ginger, cilantro, green onions, water, vinegar and tamari into a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Combine the oils and pour them into the blender in a steady stream, while the motor is running.
- Blend until emulsified. Season to taste with the pepper.
- To assemble:
- Toss the watercress and spinach with the dressing.
- Divide among 4 luncheon size plates.
- Sprinkle each salad with some diced red pepper.