Warm Tuna Salad with Dried Tomatoes
Around the World Cookbook: Healthy Recipes with International Flavor
- 3/4 pounds Ruby Gold™ Potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces Green Beans or Haricots Verts trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup Dried Red Tomatoes
- 1 pound Tuna or Swordfish Steaks
- Vegetable Oil Spray
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice (Fresh)
- 2 tablespoons Organic Lemon Juice (Fresh)
- 1 tablespoon Chicken Broth (Low Sodium)
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Anchovy Paste
- 1 clove Organic Garlic crushed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme (Dried) crumbled
- 4 cups Organic Leaf Lettuce (Boston or Bibb) torn
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add potatoes, haricots verts and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Spray a medium skillet with vegetable oil spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Cook fish for 2 - 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring gently.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine warm potatoes, haricots verts, and cooked fish.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and add to potato mixture.
- Wipe skillet clean and add the remaining ingredients except lettuce.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over tuna mixture and toss gently to coat.
- To serve warm, spoon tuna mixture over lettuce; to serve chilled, cover and refrigerate the tuna mixture separately from the lettuce.
- Before serving, toss tuna mixture and spoon over lettuce.
- Cook's tip
- When choosing green beans, avoid those that are bulging or leathery or that have brown spots.