Twice Fried DYP® Dutch Yellow® Potato Salad
By Chef Tom Fraker
- As needed -- Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 Pounds Melissa’s Baby Dutch Yellow® Potatoes -- halved
- 1 Melissa's Perfect Sweet Onion -- diced
- 1 Cup Real Mayonnaise
- 8 Slices Smoked Bacon -- cooked crispy; crumbled
- 4 Large Sweet Pickles -- diced small
- To taste Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Heat the canola oil in a fryer or deep pan to 360ºF.
- Fry the DYP's until golden brown and fork tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oil and drain them on paper towels.
- Using a kitchen mallet, smash the potatoes, one by one.
- Carefully place them back into the hot oil and fry them until they are crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- Drain them back onto the paper towels and immediately season them with salt.
- Once the potatoes are cool, gently mix them with the rest of the salad ingredients.
- If you don't have a kitchen mallet, the bottom of a frying pan works just fine for smashing the potatoes.