Tropical Fruit Salad
By Chef Elizabeth A. Jackson
- 1 Papaya
- 1 Organic Avocado
- 1 Organic Mango
- 3 Feijoas or Guava
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Banana
- 1 Organic Oranges
- Dried Coconut Chips (toasted) or Pomegranate Seeds for garnish
- Cut papaya in half lengthwise, and scoop seeds from inside.
- Discard seeds, peel and cut fruit into 1 inch cubes.
- Slice through the avocado lengthwise all the way through to the seed.
- Twist and pull the two halves away from the seed.
- Dig tip of knife into seed and pull it out of fruit.
- Peel and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Cut 1 thick slice from each side of mango, cutting as far in toward the seed as possible.
- On each slice, score through the fruit with a sharp knife until you reach the skin.
- Do not cut through skin.
- With both hands, push skin out so that the cubes of fruit stand out from it.
- Slice cubes from skin.
- Slice fruit from around the seed.
- Peel guavas, cut in half, and remove any seeds with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Cut into chunks.
- Twist top off pineapple. Slice from down the middle, lengthwise, with a large, sharp knife.
- Slice each half down the middle lengthwise again.
- Slice off tough core from center of each quarter.
- Slice off peel and eyes Dice fruit into 1 inch cubes.
- Peel banana and slice into rounds.
- Toss with lemon juice if not serving immediately to keep banana from turning brown.
- Peel orange and divide into sections.
- Mix all fruit together in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes and pomegranate seeds.