Tatuma Summer Garden Salad
By Chef Ida Rodriguez
- 3 tablespoons Organic Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Chives minced
- 2 tablespoons Organic Parsley leaves minced
- Salt to taste
- 12 Tatuma Squash julienne cut
- 1 medium Organic Carrots julienne cut
- 1/2 large Sweet Red Pepper or Sweet Golden Pepper julienne cut
- 1 medium Leeks including some of the green tops
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, chives, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and whisk to blend well.
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, carrot, pepper, and leek. Add the reserved dressing to taste and toss well.
- For an elegant salad course, bundle individual servings of this colorful mélange in lettuce leaves and tie each packet with a whole chive that has been softened by dipping briefly in boiling water.