- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Andrew Faulkner
- 3/4 pound Red Lentils picked over
- 7 cups Water
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Organic Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 5 Organic Carrots (about 10 ounces) halved lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 1 cup Organic Bell Pepper (use Red Bell Pepper) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro packed sprigs washed well spin dry and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Scallions Greens chopped
- Cayenne to taste
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
In a 4-quart saucepan bring lentils and water to a boil and skim froth. Stir in onion, garlic, ground coriander, cumin, and turmeric and simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes. Stir in carrots and bell pepper and simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Soup may be prepared up to this point 3 days ahead, cooled, uncovered, and chilled, covered.
Stir in cilantro, scallion greens, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve soup garnished with cilantro sprigs.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe