- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Jesse Ziff Cool
- 2 - quarts Water
- 4 large Dried Porcini Mushrooms or Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 Sun Dried Roma Tomatoes not oil-packed
- 1 small fennel - Bulb Anise or 2 stalks Celery
- 1 large Leeks washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 Organic Carrots peeled and coarsely chopped
- 8 cloves Organic Garlic unpeeled and smashed
- 3 sprigs Thyme (fresh)
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine
In a large pot combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and barely simmer, uncovered for 2 hours. Strain broth through a fine sieve and discard solids. Let cool.
The broth will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe