- 3 quarts
- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Janice Cook Migliaccio
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Organic Yellow Onion cut in thin half circles
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Celery sliced diagonally
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Carrots sliced diagonally 0.25''thick
- 8 cups Water
- 3 cups Napa Cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups Bok Choy or kale leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice - (from grated ginger)
- 5 tablespoons Miso Paste
- 1 package Organic Tofu (10 oz. package) cubed
- 2 tablespoons Organic Green Onions sliced for garnish
- Tamari and Sea Salt to taste
In a heavy-bottomed 5-6 quart pot, gently heat 2 Tbsp. sesame oil. Add the onions and celery, and sauté, stirring often, until lightly browned - about 10 minutes. Add the carrots and continue sautéing 5-10 minutes more, stirring until carrots are browned.
Add the water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer gently, uncovered, until the carrots are just tender, about 10-15 minutes. Add the cabbage, bok choy or kale, and ginger juice. Simmer 5-10 minutes longer, or until cabbage is tender. Turn off the heat.
In a small bowl, combine the miso and enough of the hot soup broth to make a thin paste. Stir into soup. Gently stir in the tofu chunks. Add the tamari and sea salt to taste. Serve garnished with chopped green onions. Makes 3 1/2 quarts.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe