- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Andrew Faulkner
- 6 cups Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 medium Organic Carrots cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/3 cup Shiro Miso (White Fermented Soybean Paste)
- 1/2 cup Organic Tofu cut into 1/4 inch dice
Bring 5 1/2 cups water with salt to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add carrot, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Whisk together shiro miso and remaining 1/2 cup water in a small bowl until smooth, then whisk into carrot mixture. Add tofu and serve immediately.
Traditional miso soup begins with dashi, a Japanese seaweed and fish broth, but we found this simplified version, made with water, very satisfying as well.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe