- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Andrew Faulkner
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder trimmed of fat and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Maui Onions chopped
- 8 cloves Organic Garlic finely chopped
- 5 cups Water
- 1 package Posole (Blue or White)2 cans Enchilada Sauce 10 oz
- 1 can Diced Green Chiles 7 oz
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Bouillon instant
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano crushed
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 8 Radish finely chopped
Soak the hominy over night. Rinse well. In a large sauce pan simmer hominy in salted water for 3 hours.
Heat oil in stockpot; add pork, onions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 12 to 14 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Stir in water, hominy, enchilada sauce, chilies, bouillon and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes or until pork is tender and stew thickens slightly. Top with cilantro and radishes before serving.
- Mexican Pozole
- Sep 10, 2011
- This recipe has a tremendous amount of sodium: 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon! In addition, the diced green chiles and the enchilada sauce contain a significant amount of sodium.
Login to review this recipe