- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Stephen Pyles
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 cloves Organic Garlic chopped
- 1 cup Celery Root peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup Parsnips - peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup Rutabaga peeled and finely diced
- 1 small Organic Beets peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock (or as needed)
- 1 teaspoon Sage chopped
- 1 teaspoon Thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon Organic Parsley chopped
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil until lightly smoking and add the garlic, onions, carrots, celery root, parsnips, rutabaga, beet, and turnip.
Cook the vegetables over high heat, until they are slightly golden, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Deglaze the pan with the red wine and reduce the liquid by half. Add the stock, bring to a simmer, and cover the pan.
Cook at a simmer, covered, for about 8 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender; add more stock as necessary to keep the vegetables covered.
Add the sage, thyme, oregano, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and serve. This stew can be made one day ahead and reheated.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe