- 6 - 8
- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Gretchen Allison
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 large Organic Yellow Onion peeled and small diced
- 2 tablespoons Organic Ginger freshly chopped
- 2 Organic Carrots peeled and small diced
- 3 stalks Organic Celery small diced
- 2 Organic Apples peeled cored and small diced
- 2 cups Dry White Wine
- 3 quarts Chicken Stock or beef stock
- 2 Organic Bell Pepper Red peppers roasted peeled and diced
- 4 cups Black Beans cooked
- 2 tablespoons Dried Currants
- 1/2 teaspoon Chile Flakes (or 3 Thai bird chiles) minced
- 1/3 cup Organic Parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Chives (or green onion) chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- A good squeeze of Organic Lemon (or lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala spice mix
Dill Sour Cream
- 1 handful Dill freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 pinch Salt
In a large stainless pot, melt the butter and saute the onions until browned around the edges.
Add the ginger and continue to brown until the ginger is fragrant.
Add the carrot, celery, apples and wine. Reduce the wine for a few minutes to remove the alcohol.
Add the stock, peppers, black beans, currants, chiles, parsley, pepper and a good pinch of salt.
Simmer until the beans get really soft and start to thicken the soup. Add more stock if needed. Season with more salt if needed, lemon or lime juice and the garam masala.
Spoon into warm bowls and garnish with dill sour cream.
Dill Sour Cream
Blend the dill with milk. When it's well blended add the sour cream and salt.
Blend to mix, adding more sour cream if needed to thicken. Don't over blend because the sour cream will break.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe