- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Martin Yan
- 4 Dried Black Mushrooms
- 1/4 pound Shrimp (medium) shelled and deviened
- 1 package Egg Noodles (12 ounces)
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 ounces Chicken, Beef or Pork tender boneless and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound Choy Sum ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Flavored Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chile Garlic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Nori (Japanese Seaweed) thinly sliced for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Rice Wine or Dry Sherry
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
Soak mushrooms in warm water to cover until softened, about 15 minutes; drain. Trim and discard stems. Thinly slice caps. Cut shrimp in hal horizontally. Combined marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
Place broth in a 2 quart pot; bring to a boil. Add beef, mushrooms, and choy sum. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer for 1 minute. Add noodles, oyster flavored sauce, chili garlic sauce, and sesame oil; cook until heated through. Ladle into individual bowls and garnish with Nori.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe