- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Tom Fraker
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed
- 3 1/2 pounds Banana Squash
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Perfect Sweet Onions chopped
- 2 cloves Peeled Garlic chopped
- 1 28 ounce can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 cup White Wine
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
Place the squash on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place in the oven and cook until fork tender. Remove from the oven and, when cool enough to handle, peel the skin and chop the squash.
In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the butter. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. About 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, crushing them with your fingers, and the juice. Add the wine, bring to a boil and cook for 7 minutes. Add the squash and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, add the sherry, cover and reduce heat.
Simmer for 30 minutes. Using an submmersion blender, carefully puree the soup. Adjust seasonings and add the cayenne pepper. Serve hot.
I like to garnish the soup with Melissa's Good Life Food Tomato Basil Croutons.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe