- 6 Organic Valencia Oranges
- 3 cups Garnet Sweet Potatoes (Cooked and mashed)
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Melissa’s Orange Juice
- 2 Eggs - beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Butter (Soften and divide)
- 1 tablespoon orange peel - grated
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes
Prepare oranges by cutting tops off, 1/4 to 1/2 inch down. Spoon out the flesh, leaving a shell.
In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, sugar, orange juice, eggs, vanilla extract, 1/2 cup butter and grated orange peel. Spoon mixture into orange shells. Place in a deep casserole dish.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, flour and pecans. Cook until sugar dissolves in melted butter. Spoon over oranges. Fill casserole dish with water to reach 1/2 inch in depth.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe