- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Ida Rodriguez
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cups Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 cup White Rice long grain
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 2 stalks Lemon Grass 12in. each cut into 2 in. long pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 large Organic Green Onions chopped
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 2/3 cup onion and turmeric and sauté 5 minutes. Mix in rice. Add water, lemongrass and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes. Discard lemongrass.
Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add green onion and sauté 1 minute. Add rice and stir until heated through. Season to taste with salt.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe