- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1 clove Organic Garlic minced
- 6 cups Tatuma Squash cubed
- 1 Organic Bell Pepper (use Red Bell Pepper) cored
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup Anaheim Chile roasted cored seeded peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons Pico de Gallo Seasoning
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the tatuma squash and bell pepper and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the chiles, corn and seasonings; cover, lower heat and simmer until the squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the cheese and cook, stirring until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Calabacitas/Tatuma Squash
- Apr 23, 2012
- Excellent Recipe! I bought this small Mexican squash for the first time and found this recipe. I made a few changes, used cubed uncooked chicken breast and added some tiny pequin peppers (I call them The Devil's Peas), and a few dry chili flakes, and pieces of red sweet pepper. The whole dish cooked in 15 minuets in a large covered skillet. Delicious! I am looking forward to tomorrows leftovers. Great little squash, did not get soggy like zucchini is apt to do.
Login to review this recipe