- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- An Original Recipe By Melissa's
- 1 pound Baby Asparagus blanched
- 3 tablespoons Butter melted
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Gruyere Cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Meyer Lemons zest
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Butter melted
Wash and dry asparagus. Place in a single layer in a gratin dish. Melt the butter, add the flour, and cook until slightly colored.
Gradually add milk, stirring until nicely thickened. Cook 5 minutes and season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
This makes the béchamel sauce. Pour béchamel sauce over asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese. Mix together remaining ingredients and top asparagus.
Cook under broiler until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe