- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Debbi Dubbs
- 3 tablespoons Organic Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 medium Shallots minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Melissa’s Peeled Baby Red Beets
- 1 bag Mixed Baby Greens
- 2 large Organic Pears ripe halved cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 box Organic Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Blue Cheese or French Feta broken up (optional)
- 1 cup Walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 400. Cut tops off of beets leaving 1 inch attached to beet. Place beets on a sheet of tin foil resting on a sheet pan, coat beets with canola oil, salt and pepper, bring foil over to cover beets and roast 45 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. To peel, hold beets in a paper towel and rub skin, tail and top off. Slice in halve and reserve.
Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss greens in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Divide greens among 6 plates. Top with pear slices and beets dividing equally. Sprinkle with cheese, and if using, walnuts. Drizzle lightly with remaining dressing and serve.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe