- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Andrew Faulkner
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro minced
- 1 tablespoon Organic Limes juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Root minced
- 1 Jalapeno minced
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 3/4 pound Lotus Root peeled and cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 Hot House Cucumbers (English Cucumbers) cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 bunch Radish cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 sprigs Cilantro leaves whole
Prepare the dressing; stir the sugar, rice vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, and jalapeno together in a small saucepan. Set aside.
Add the rice vinegar to a medium pot of boiling water. Add the lotus root and cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain, and place in a large serving bowl, along with the cucumber and radishes.
Heat the dressing over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the dressing over the vegetables, toss well to coat, and let marinate for 10 minutes.
Serve the salad at room temperature, or refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with the cilantro sprigs.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe