- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Gourmet Magazine
- 1 pound Organic Navel Oranges (2 pieces)
- 2 medium Fennel Bulbs (Anise; 1 3/4 pound total) stalks dicarded and bulbs halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 heads Escarole dark outer leaves discarded and pale green and yellow inner leaves torn into bite size pieces
Finely grate enough zest from 1 orange to measure 1 tablespoon. Cut peel, including all white pith, from both orange with a paring knife. Cut segments free from membranes, then cut segments crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces.
Cut out and discard core of each fennel bulb, then cut bulbs crosswise into thin slices.
Whisk together vinegar, zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until salt is dissolved, then add oil in a stream, whisking until combined well.
Toss escarole, fennel, and oranges with dressing in a large bowl until combined well. Season with salt and pepper.
Orange segments can be cut 2 hours ahead and chilled, covered.
Escarole can be washed and torn 1 day ahead and chilled in sealed plastic bags lined with dampened paper towels.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe