- 12 (4 oz. servings)
- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Chris Keff
- 3 large Egg Whites
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup Dried Coconut Chips or Oats (optional)
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon Organic Lemon rind grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon divided use
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter chilled and cut into small pieces
Place egg whites in large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy.
Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold in almonds, coconut, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Spread as evenly as possible onto a parchment lined 15 x 10-jelly roll pan.
Preheat oven to 200°F.
Bake for 2½ hours. Turn oven off; cool meringue in closed oven at least 12 hours or until completely dry.
Remove meringue from paper. Crumble meringue into ¼ inch pieces.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with knife.
Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients (flour through ¼ teaspoon cinnamon) in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Stir in meringue pieces.
Combine quince and next 5 ingredients in a bowl, toss well.
Spoon ½ cup filling into each of 12 (6-oz) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
Top each with 1/3 cup meringue streusel mixture.
Place ramekins on a baking sheet; bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe