- 2 cups (approx.)
- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Tom Fraker
- 1 package Dried Mushroom Medley reconstituted
- 1 package Dried Chanterelle Mushrooms reconstituted
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Sherry
- 2 tablespoons Organic Garlic *Roasted and Minced
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Meyer Lemons juice freshly squeezed
- 1 package Crepes
Reconstitute mushrooms according to the package. In a sauté pan, heat up butter and add shallots to caramelize them. Add the garlic and oregano until aromatic (about 10 -20 seconds). Add sherry and reduce by half and then add the reconstituted mushrooms and heat to infuse the butter and garlic into the mushrooms. Remove from heat. Then blend with the lemon, salt, pepper and cayenne and season to taste. Use as a filling for Melissa's crepes and drizzle a mushroom sauce over the top. When cooled, this can also be used atop lavosh or your favorite cracker spread with cream cheese.
Ratio is 1 oz. of dried mushroom to about 4 oz. of fresh mushrooms.
As a crepe, this is great for brunches. I've served it as a lavosh, spread with cream cheese and topped with this mixture at room temperature at parties. It was a big hit.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe