- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Tom Fraker
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Maui Onions diced
- My Grinders use Coarse Sea Salt to taste
- My Grinders use Rainbow Peppercorns to taste
- 3 cloves Peeled Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 4 New Mexican Hatch Chiles roasted peeled and seeded
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
In a large sauce pan, heat the oil over high heat and caramelize the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and add the sherry.
Add the hatch chiles, broth and coriander and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Carefully pour sauce into a blender and mix until smooth. Serve with enchiladas, tacos, chips, etc.
For a chunky style sauce, don't blend the mixture.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe