- Total Time:
- Recipe By:
- Andrew Faulkner
- 2 large Eggplant
- 1 loaf French Bread Baguette , sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , as needed
- Organic Grinders Italian Seasoning
- Organic Grinders Garlic Herb Sea Salt
- Organic Grinders Rainbow Peppercorns
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger Root , grated
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Cilantro , chopped
- 2 Organic Green Onions chopped, Hot Sauce, to taste
- Tabasco Sauce , to taste
- 1/2 cup Good Life Food Organic Pasta Sauces use Garden Marinara
- 1 Meyer Lemons , juiced
- Parmesan Cheese , freshly grated or shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Drizzle the eggplant and bread with the olive oil and season with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven until the bread rounds are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Heat the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the ginger to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and add the sesame oil. Cook for 1 minute and set aside. Next, peel the skin from the eggplant and chop in a food processor. Add the cilantro and the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined. Season with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight so that the flavors intensify.
To serve, spoon the eggplant mixture onto the baguette rounds and garnish with the parmesan cheese.
I prefer grated parmesan cheese for the garnish because of its texture and presentation.
- There are no reviews yet for this recipe
Login to review this recipe