Try one or all of these healthy resolutions for the New Year.
• Eat five fresh fruits and vegetables everyday; Studies prove you will feel better and stay healthier when you eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Take fruits and vegetables along as a snack instead of "junk food". It's easy and you'll notice a difference. Melissa's makes it easy with so many items to choose from. Dried Fruits, fresh Blood Oranges or Kumquats are easy and delicious! Try them and you will see.
• Add TOFU to your diet. Tofu is a great substitute instead of meat. Add it to sauces, stir fries, soups, or make delicious drinks. Tofu can help reduce cholesterol and is high in fiber. Melissa's has several new products to make this easy: Soy Slices, Roasted Soy Nuts and more. Check out our product section for all the details.
• Substitute meat alternatives for your hot dogs, bacon, ground round, lunchmeat, and more. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the flavor and how these products help reduce your fat intake. Our Soy Ground and Soyrizo are delicious! Also enjoy our Veggi Burger!
• Drink 8 glasses of water daily. Try drinking a glass of water before a meal and you will get full faster... and possibly take off a couple pounds without even trying! Keep a water bottle with you, so when you get the urge to snack, take a drink!
• Walk around the block once a day. This is an excellent habit to get into. You will be surprised at how much better you will feel.
To start off 2010, prepare some Melissa’s good luck Blackeyed Peas. Try our easy recipes for a healthy, Happy New Year.