Strawberry Arugula Salad
By Chef Christina Pirello
- 4 ounces Baby Arugula rinsed and drained well
- 1 small Red onion sliced into very thin rings
- 16 large Organic Strawberries rinsed tops removed and quartered
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Organic Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts lightly pan toasted
- Divide arugula and red onion among 4 individual salad plates.
- Top with equal amounts of strawberries.
- Cover and chill completely.
- To make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice and mustard.
- Whisk in sea salt to taste and continue whisking until smooth.
- Just before serving, spoon dressing over each salad and sprinkle with pine nuts.